Advanced Distribution Training: News & Events
Advanced trainings build on the knowledge from the Basic Distribution Training and focus on specific areas or subjects. In this Advanced Distribution Training, we will focus News and Event features. We will walk users through the process of adding, editing and implementing news and event items on your site.
- Runtime: Approximately 1-2 hours
- Required for site editing access? No
- This training is optional, but should only be taken after you've completed the Web Content Strategy Training and the Basic Distribution Training.
- This training is conducted currently online only. Zoom information will be sent only to registrants on the day of the event.
- Please join the training promptly on time as a courtesy to the presenter and others that did join on time. 5 minutes after the training starts, it will be locked so others can't join. This is to avoid disruptions and allow the presenter to focus on the presentation rather than attendance.
- New Distribution Users: This is included in your project costs.
- Existing Distribution users: This is included in your annual costs.
- News Features
- Events Features
- News Management
- News Types: News, Announcements, and Blog
- Creating a School/Standalone News item
- Creating a Subsite/group News item
- Create an In-the-Media item
- Displaying news
- Sitewide News vs. Group News
- Entity Queues
- Promoted News: Homepage
- Top Stories: News Page
- Top Stories by Topic: Topic Landing pages
- News taxonomy items
- Topics management and structure
- Creating a topic
- Assigning a news item to a topic
- Managing the Top Stories Entity Queue for a specific topic
- Event Management
- Creating events
- Displaying events
- Resources and Support
If you found the training you were looking for and are ready to get started, please check out our schedule and register.
If you need to reference what we went over in training, then view the News & Events Training slides.
To review a recording of a previous training, check out the Web Service Training Stream channel in office 365.
Your Feedback Matters
We want to provide you with the best training and products possible and to do that we'd love your feedback on what you were trained on.