As part of Columbia University, CUIMC employees have access to an extensive network of resources and benefits. Below are some links to some key offices and groups for all employees.
Columbia University Office of Work/Life
Columbia University's Office of Work/Life fosters the well-being of the Columbia community and its people in their pursuit of meaningful and productive academic, personal, and work lives.
Columbia University Ombuds
The Ombuds Office’s purpose is to promote civility, mutual respect, and ethical conduct, and to identify ways to prevent disruptive conflict by alerting the administration to policy issues and to recommend changes in University practices.It provides a safe space for faculty, students, staff and affiliates to confidentially discuss work-related issues, academic concerns, clarification of policies and many other concerns and issues. The Ombuds Officers are not authorized to accept notice on behalf of the University.
CopeColumbia’s mission is to foster collective well-being and resilience by sharing evidence-based coping strategies, facilitating access to peer support, and contributing to an inclusive and compassionate culture for faculty and staff of CUIMC and the larger Columbia community.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Columbia University has a long tradition of supporting a diverse and inclusive educational environment that extends to our workforce.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a network of free or discounted services to support your personal success and help with everyday challenges. Humana is the EAP provider. Find more information here.
Employee Engagement and Events
One way we come together is through events, virtual and in-person. You can find our upcoming events and see some of our recent employee events and challenges.
Past Events and Challenges:
Employee Resource Networks
All staff at CUIMC are invited to join/create an employee resource network.
Employee Resource Networks (also known as ERGs, business network groups, or affinity groups) are voluntary groups of employees who join together in their workplace based on shared characteristics or life experiences and serve as a resource for members and the organization by fostering a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with organizational goals.
For more information regarding a particular Employee Resource Network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGBTQ monthly meetings: 2/11, 3/10, 4/7, 5/12, 6/9, 7/14, 8/11, 9/15, 10/13, 11/10, 12/8
- ABC monthly meetings: 2/14, 3/13, 4/10, 5/8, 6/12, 7/10, 8/14, 9/11, 10/9, 11/13, 12/11
- Standing Meetings by ERG 2021 - Updated July 2021:
- African, Black, and Caribbean ERG - 2nd Friday Monthly @12pm
- Asian Pacific Islander ERG - 2nd Friday Monthly @2pm
- Disability ERG - 4th Wednesday Monthly @1pm
- Jewish Cultural ERG - 1st Monday Monthly @11am
- LatinX ERG - 3rd Friday Monthly @2pm
- LGBTQ+ ERG - 2nd Tuesday Monthly @11am
- CUIMC Women ERG - 3rd Monday Monthly @2pm
- Working Parents ERG - 4th Wednesday Monthly @2pm
- Women in Technology ERG - Monthly as needed
- Veterans ERG - Every other month as needed
From benefit information to your well-being, the human resources website provides key resources related to benefits, learning and development, and management tools.