January 6, 2022: COVID Update (Testing)
We are writing to provide COVID-19 testing information for employees. Details related to both asymptomatic and symptomatic testing are provided below. Please be advised that employees should not be seeking COVID-19 testing in the Emergency Department at CUIMC.
Voluntary Asymptomatic Testing
- Columbia offers testing in five locations, with two sites operating five days per week. University testing appointments open 7-10 days in advance, so please plan accordingly.
- To ensure opportunities to be tested, please book your appointment in advance of your desired testing date. Capacity has been expanded, but demand for testing is high, so consider all of the potential sites.
- Please note that walk-in testing is not available during January 2022, and tests from non-University sites cannot be used to meet the University-required COVID-19 tests.
- NYP is offering symptomatic testing in the Milstein Heart Center for clinical personnel only.
- Testing will only be conducted for clinical staff who will be working in clinical settings and not for travel or other testing for any other purpose.
- The Heart Center at Milstein is open Monday to Friday 7 AM-7PM and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. You must schedule an appointment through Connect.
Other testing options/locations
- NYC has testing locations across the city, including several in northern Manhattan.
Thank you and stay safe!
Donna Lynne, DrPH
Sr. Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, CUIMC
University COVID Director
Magda Sobieszczyk, MD, MPH
Chief of Infectious Diseases and Co-Chair of the CUIMC COVID-19 Vaccine Committee
Melissa Stockwell, MD, MPH
Chief of the Division of Child and Adolescent Health and Co-Chair of the CUIMC COVID-19 Vaccine Committee