Donations Accepted for Back-to-School Supplies for Community Students
Columbia University’s Office of Public Safety and Columbia Community Service are teaming up again to collect school supplies for children in the community.
Those who wish to help underserved children as they prepare to head back to school may support the effort by donating books, pens, pencils, rulers, crayons, notebooks, backpacks, calculators, binders, and folders through Aug. 16. Donated items will be distributed on Aug. 21.
More than 500 area children benefited from the drive last year.
Medical Center Campus
- Public Safety Operations, Black Building, 650 W. 168th St., Room 109
- Public Safety Crime Prevention Office, Low Library, Room 112
- Facilities and Operations, Lobby of Butler Hall, 400 W. 119th St.
- Government and Community Affairs, Low Library, Room 302
- Columbia Community Service, Earl Hall, Room 304
- Public Safety Operations, 3270 Broadway (east side of Broadway between 131st and 132nd)
- Manhattanville Development Group, 615 W. 131st St., 2nd Floor (enter on 132nd Street)
The drive is co-sponsored by the University, the NYPD’s 26th precinct, and Manhattan Community Board 9. For more information, write to Ricardo Morales, assistant director, Columbia Public Safety, at firstname.lastname@example.org.