Previous Staff Diversity & Inclusion Events, 2021
CUIMC Women ERG Roundtable
Discussion with Dr. Canetti, mental health professional from CopeColumbia, and members from the Women ERG as they discuss items impacting women in the workplace that have been amplified due to the pandemic.
CUIMC ABC ERG BHM 2021 with Dana Crawford
For hundreds of years, BIPOC have experienced trauma due to violence, oppression, and structural racism which has led to various inequities. The effects of racism can be experienced personally, vicariously, and collectively. The mental health effects of racism include depression, anxiety, distress, psychological stress, negative affect, and post-traumatic stress.
Chef Cooley BHM 2021
Chef Cooley shares southern inspired dishes and provides the opportunity to cook along virtually.
API Lunar New Year 2021
Chinese New Year is the festival that celebrates the beginning of a new year on the traditional lunar calendar. In Chinese culture and East Asian countries, the festival is commonly referred to as the Spring Festival. The first day of Chinese New Year begins on the new moon and will be celebrated Friday, February 12. 2021 is the year of the Metal Ox, which is predicted to be a lucky year.
Implicit Bias Event
Do you think racism is an inherent part of the fabric of America? Are all Americans, regardless of race, complicit in the perpetuation of racial biases in our country? How much has changed in race relations since Myrdal conducted his study, and what hasn't changed much at all? Screening of American Denial, followed by a discussion about racial and other types of identity/social group bias.
"Equi-teas" are gatherings that provide a space for students, faculty, and staff to discuss issues and topics related to power, provilege, diversity, and equity as they manifest at Mailman and in our communities here and abroad.
Task Force on Inclusion and Belonging at Columbia
All students, staff, and faculty are welcome to join the Task Force on Inclusion and Belonging at Columbia. The Task Force works to identify issues and develop responsive strategies that address students’ experiences both in and outside of the classroom related to diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belonging on campus.
Gardenside Chat: The Workplace y Yo
A panel discussion moderated by Sandra Harris, Associate Vice President of Government and Communication Affairs, featuring Latinx professionals from different industries detailing their journey through the world of work.
2019 Caribbean Cultural Celebration
Entertainment from various performers, an empowering and enlightening message from our Keynote Speaker, delicious Caribbean cuisine, and prize opportunities.
February 2021 Meetings/Events
March 2021 Meetings/Events
- Celebrate Women's History Month March 2021
- Spotlight: CUIMC Women (pdf)
- Spotlight: CUIMC Women (Video)
- WIT@CU March Forum Presents Inspirational Women and Moments - Thursday, March 25, 3-4pm
April 2021 Meetings/Events
- CUIMC API ERG Presents: Hate Is A Virus - April 7, 2021
- CUIMC API ERG Presents: The Ramadan Experience - April 12, 2021
- CUIMC ABC and Latinx ERGs Presents Money Mindset: Pandemic's Impact on Finances - April 28, 2021
May 2021 Meetings/Events
- Food Drive hosted by The Jewish Culture ERG - May 2, 2021 to May 15, 2021
- CUIMC API ERG Presents: Situational Awareness Workshop - May 3, 2021
- CUIMC ERGs Presents: Mental Health, Equity, & Resilience - May 5, 2021
- CUIMC LatinX ERG Presents: Virtual Yoga and Facial Experience - May 6, 2021
- Tripartite AAPI Anti-Racicsm (recording)
- CUIMC API ERG Presents: Joe's House of Soup Dumplings Virtual Cooking Demonstration - May 14, 2021
June 2021 Meetings/Events
- CUIMC Celebrates PRIDE Month
- CUIMC LGBTQ+ ERG Presents: Virtual Drag Bingo with Linda Sampson - June 8, 2021
- CUIMC ABC, API, and LGBTQ+ ERGs Presents:
- CUIMC Disability ERG Presents: Best Practices for Disability Awareness & Inclusion - June 15, 2021
- CUIMC Women ERG Presents: The Art of Salary Negotiation - June 16, 2021
- CUIMC LGBTQ+ ERG Presents: The Trevor Project - June 30, 2021